Winthrop Mason Lawyers cares about the community in which they operate.
Its staff members contribute to the well-being of the community in a number of ways:
- Provide free legal advice to certain underprivileged members of the local community;
- Act on a pro bono basis for affiliated local community groups;
- Are active members of the Filipino-Australian Foundation of Queensland Incorporated;
- Participate in fundraising and other community events with charitable purposes; and
- Contribute towards the donation of second-hand books to under-resourced schools overseas.
We do not mention all this to boast – in fact, we had umm-ed and aah-ed as to whether to include this section in our website precisely because of the perception that we might be boasting. On balance, however, we came to the conclusion that we should in fact include this stuff in our website in order to help nurture the growing business trend towards corporate responsibility. You cannot promote something if people don’t know about it, right?
And as our own business grows, we hope to be able to correspondingly increase the level of support we provide to the community, particularly to those who would not otherwise be able to access necessary legal assistance. We see this as part of our corporate responsibility.